Great to meet you!
For the past 14 years I have been working as a Graphic Designer in many areas of design including packaging, brand development, textiles, surface design, greeting cards/stationary, television, photoshoot direction, marketing, trade show development and promotional materials. I have proven success on billion-dollar brands creating and implementing design and marketing strategies to increase revenues. Working with several large corporations has really given me an edge on retail and branding.
Over the years I have taken pride in building many long term client relationships, measuring my success on their success. I am a laid back, independent brand design consultancy, that works hard to meet the needs of my clients leaving a big smile on their face. From my home in Green Bay, Wisconsin, I work for brands around the country, from the big to the small and local.
I help my clients create and grow their brands through incisive strategic thinking and distinctive, engaging design solutions. The projects may vary in size and scope but my principles, and how I apply them, remain constant.
What drives my thinking and enthusiasm on every project is a passion for making a positive difference to a brand’s success. Understanding my clients’ businesses and getting under the skin of consumers always provide me with the greatest insight into how a brand should communicate in a uniquely differentiated and impactful.
Please check out some of my sample work:
Pleased watch for my prints with Purplethum at various shows such as Blueprint and Printsource for surface design collections. Please contact me today to set up a brief call to see how can help your business grow.
My background includes:
New Brand Creation/Updating Old Brands
Package Design – Over 2000 consumable goods.
Consumable Goods – Research, brand development, style guide creation and packaging.
In-Store Signage & Trade show
Seasonal Trend Guide Development
Television Graphic Creation
My work can be seen in some of the following stores: Walmart, Target, CVS, Grocery Chains, Shopko and Walgreens (to name a few!).
Some of my work includes Huggies, Kleenex, several private labels, Hallmark and Kraft.
Please check out my LinkedIn profile at:
Please feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Several Large Private Labels
Adobe Creative Suite CC
Gravitate Design LLC.
Founder, Creative Director
Green Bay, WI · 3.1.14 – Present
Owner, Founder of Gravitate Design LLC.
* Corporate & Product Strategy
* Work Process Development & Improvement
* Heavy Project Load Management & Leadership
* Brand Creation
* Vendor Relationship Management Including Production
* Print Production & Press Run Coordination
* Photoshoot Coordination
* Market Research & Training
* Package Design
* Consumable Goods
* Greeting Card Development
* Print Design
* Visual Communication Development
* Seasonal Trend Guide Development
* Styleguide Creation
* Textile Design
* Website Graphics Experience
* Promotional Materials
* Television Graphic Creation
Package and Creative Design Lead
Green Bay, WI · 2012 – 2014
Package & Creative Design Lead – Home Private Brand
-Design, develop, execute and manage all of Shopko store private brand packaging, including project management with over 65 vendors, teammate mentoring including training, project review, development, process and instruction.
-Maintain over 65 vendor relationships and deadlines under heavy work loads, working to improve work development and ensuring project completion with accuracy and satisfaction.
-Work collaboratively with merchant team, photography, and Private Brand team to design and execute package design for over 1200 private label Shopko products.
-Responsible in providing mentorship, guidance, instruction and training to design teammates.
-Design, develop and execute package design for Shopko Brand’s through project management.
Green Bay, WI · 2009 – 2014
SHOPKO CORPORATION, Green Bay, WI
Creative Designer – Home Private Brand
Designed, developed and managed private brand and seasonal products for Shopko Home Area including textile design, packaging, planning & execution.
- Designed, developed & presented Seasonal visions, including trend direction and seasonal color palettes to merchant team.
- Created original designs for children’s bedding, beach towels, melamine & seasonal programs.
- Developed and implemented original designs for various private label products increasing sales.
- Evaluated and ensured that domestic and abroad samples/specifications were design and color accurate, providing feedback, design direction, and electronic files to ensure perfected results.
- Developed trend accurate design, color and vision packets through extensive market research.
Senior Graphic Designer
Neenah, WI · 2007 – 2009
Senior Graphic Designer
Conceptualized, designed, developed and managed packaging graphics for brand name products such as Huggies, Kleenex Facial Tissue, Viva Towel, and Pull-Ups including corporate brands and class customers customized graphics for Target, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, CVS Pharmacy, Costco and Kroger.
- Implemented Mass Transit operating system with key vendors and clients, eliminating cost and more time efficient file transfers.
- Earned design award for Store N Style Huggies diaper box graphics in Graphic Design USA magazine in 2007 and 2008.
- Selected to lead team of 9 in development of the Global Marketing Handbook for all global employees. Project completed under tight deadline and resulted in significant cost reduction and corporate recognition.
- Created back-to-school graphics for Target and Wal-Mart, resulting in an increase in Wal-Mart’s original choice of 3 designs in the past to 5, increasing sales and revenue for Kleenex.
Meijer Inc, Corporation
Grand Rapids, MI · 2005 – 2005
MEIJER, INC., CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS,
Produced graphics for prototypes and signage for over one hundred and sixty-five stores increasing revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and managed entire Meijer store for Christmas 2005, including marketing theme, development of graphics, and photo shoot coordination. Completed multi-million dollar project on schedule under budget and efficiently.
- Developed improved workflow procedures working closely with vendors, coordinating signage setup and quantities to all stores resulting in more efficiency, reduction in cost and time savings.
- Produced new prototypes for the long-term interior for the chain with Visual Merchandise team resulting in a new improved look of the chain, increased departmental efficiency and customer satisfaction.
-Created and implemented innovative new approach to photo shoot at Meijer, presenting more realistic, interactive poses that improved customer satisfaction.
Impact Marketing & Design Inc.
Creative Consultant/Graphic Designer
Grand Rapids, MI · 2004 – 2006
IMPACT MARKETING & DESIGN, INC.
Creative Consultant / Graphic Designer
Developed marketing strategies, materials and graphic design solutions for new companies.
- Maintained and organized budget, print, and inventory between vendor, customer and business.
- Purchased and developed new apparel solutions for companies and trade show events.
Design Design Inc.
Grand Rapids, MI · 2003 – 2004
DESIGN DESIGN, INC.
Graphic Designer / Stationary Design of over 300 Cards. Includes all press/print runs.
University of Lapland
Rovaniemi, Finland · 2002 – 2002
Hancock, MI · 1997 – 2002